Friday, January 18, 2013

Blind Contour

                                                                                           We recently started drawing blind contours in art. This is cool and different because we haven't done anything like this yet. It was also really funny to see what you drew, and some of the pictures didn't even look human. When we drew a blind contour that we liked, we used it and wrote "I am" statements on it. This really made me thing about what I am, and it was really cool to write these things about myself alongside an abstract drawing of myself. I felt like it showed a completely different part of me and it went a lot deeper than I had originally expected. It took me a long time to decide what to write, and while some of them are silly, (like I am 24601) most of them are really true and not things I parade about myself. it will be really cool to put in my art book at the end of the year and I'm excited to showcase that part of me as well. This project wasn't about how well you draw, it was about how you wrote, and how you presented yourself. Doing something like that was a different experience and I'm really happy we did it.


No comments:

Post a Comment