Friday, January 11, 2013

Artist Research Post


                 
       I picked Georgia O'Keefe for my artist to research. Georgia O'Keefe was born on November 15, 1887 in Wisconsin. In the early 1900s she attended the Art Institute of Chicago. She married Alfred Stieglitz in 1924. He was a photographer and her works were first featured at his gallery. Their partnership lasted until his death in 1946. O'Keefe moved to Santa Fe after her husband's death and was inspired by the desert landscapes and scenes. She continued to paint until her death on March 6, 1986, but most of her well known works were from earlier in her life.
        Georgia O'Keefe's works greatly interest me, especially her flower paintings, and they always have. I have known her art since I was young and that is the main reason I chose her. I also like the fact that she is a woman, and there are very few famous women artists on the list. I think she set a sort of trend with her popularity and work and I imagine she inspired many aspiring women artists. Her work is also very iconic and original and she inspired a certain style of art. My three favorite paintings of hers are shown below.
Apple Blossoms Flowers of Life Red poppy
These paintings interest me because the colors and the usage of the colors are really beautiful. I had a hard time picking my three favorites, but it came down to these because the angles and beauty of the flowers alone caught my eye. Also the vividness and realness of the flowers in these particular paintings are what I really love about Georgia O'Keefe's work, and I felt that they were good representations of what I like aboutn her work.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete